Tuesday, May 20, 2008

pink is for girls


I've decided that this riding to work thing is going to be a constant in my life. I like it. So i decided to invest in a helmet. Its mainly to keep Michelle off my back.. but in any case, i went out on Saturday to get one. I asked the sales clerk where the bicycle helmets were and he pointed to a stack of pink boxes. "No no... not for kids," I say, "for Me." He looks at me and again points toward the big wall of pink. So i walk over to take a closer look. Sure enough.. they were for grown ups. The men's helmets were in cool black boxes with skulls and really bitchen graphics. But the women's helmets were in pink boxes with daisies and butterflies. I noticed another woman had taken a helmet outa the box and was trying it on. It was dark grey with gold flowers. She noticed me watching her and said.. "well, its the only one i could find that's not pink." So i reached into the stack and pulled out the same one she had. The least offensive of the bunch. Why is it that guys always get the really cool looking stuff and we have to ride around with flowers on our hats?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

And that's why I pretty much wore mens clothes all through high school...I wasn't a tranny...just didn't want to wear floral barf from The Limited or was it Limited Express? Ehh...you get the point.

Can you get a small or medium in mens? Are our heads shaped differently?

--renovation therapy

pork luck said...

i guess my head is too tiny for men's hats.. but if you have a big head you can probly wear one.

Ramón said...

How can a woman's head be smaller; you have more brains than we have - well, with the exception of that Coulter woman.

You're going about this all wrong. Put TAFKAM - the artist-formerly-known-as-Michelle to work! Have her paint some rockin' graphics on your new helmet - one of a kind stuff!

I know she's busy, What with her new gasoline-powered, six cylinder, drop-down snack tray equipped vacuum cleaner, but she can find a little time - I THINK!!

Jayne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jayne said...

I think the pink helmets came with free flowery embroidery kits.

I must dash, I have to tend to my knitting.

(sorry, it was me deleting comments. I made a spelling mistake)

pork luck said...

feel free to delete anytime darling

Unknown said...

Where'd you go for your helmet? Sports Basement has LOADS of them and I don't think I've ever seen a pink one. And if you ride a bike without a helmet I will smack you down. They're not called brain buckets for nothing!

pork luck said...

shelly is mean to me

Unknown said...

Shelly just doesn't want your head to go kaplooey when some stupid person in a car does something stupid people are inclined to do. And watch out for the tracks, they're stupid too. ;-)

Lucky Day!

Michelle said that getting pooped on by a bird is good luck. Well, Halleluja! It's my lucky day!