Thursday, May 22, 2008

merry prankster

Congealed. A co-worker said that word yesterday and i had an automatic gag response. The word congealed brings me back to my childhood. My sister and i would visit my grandma when we were kids and she always kept vanilla ice cream in the freezer as a little treat for us. My older sister was in charge of scooping out the ice cream into our bowls since, apparently; I was too little to do it. You know.. handling spoons is tuff business. So, anyway.. my sister took an old carton from the very back of the ice box (and with a gleam in her eye) dug out what seemed to be the remains of frozen cream from weeks past. She plopped the sticky mass into my bowl. It was a big lump of grayish-yellow goo. "This is for you." she said with a chuckle. Then she grabbed a shiny NEW carton and scooped pristine yumminess into HER bowl. Off we went to watch TV with our treats.

I took one bite and gagged for 6 hours.

5 comments:

Ramón said...

I think Big Sis found granny's stash of Crisco & Pork rinds-flavored ice cream. I thought that that stuff had been discontinued at the end of the Eisenhower administration?

jen said...

The word "MOIST" makes me feel gaggy for now reason whatsoever. On second thought, maybe it's from the time when my brother brought out a Ritz cracker with a "new (moist) dip Mom made" for me to try. The new "dip"? ALPO. Siblings suck.

pork luck said...

ICK!!! GAG! GAG! GAG!

Anonymous said...

I love that scene in the Albert Brooks movie where Debbie Reynolds insists that the ice cream has a "protective layer" of frost bite...

Sisters suck - but don't tell mine that I said that.

--Renovation Therapy

pork luck said...

Oh.. MY.. Gawd!! My sister and i watched that movie together and almost DIED laffing when we saw that scene!

Lucky Day!

Michelle said that getting pooped on by a bird is good luck. Well, Halleluja! It's my lucky day!