Monday, May 12, 2008

bike to work day

Thursday is bike to work day. I've never ridden my bike downtown so I decided to practice today and ride Michelle's BMX bike. Michelle was crazy worried about me. She kept trying to get me to wear brightly colored shirts or a big funny hat.. she wanted to pin a sign to my back saying "Don't hit me.. I'm a beginner!" I wouldn't have it. What would the other riders think? "They'll all make fun of me!!" I yelled. So we compromised and i let her pin her bright red ski hat to my backpack.

I stopped around the corner where i was out of her line of vision, removed the hat, stuffed it in my backpack and was on my merry way.


10 comments:

milo said...

SARA!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm TELLIN'!

Ramón

pork luck said...

hehheeheheh

Anonymous said...

This would have been a good day to wear that Hawaiian floral print shirt - the one with the day-glo flowers.

Ramón

pork luck said...

Indeed, can i borrow it?

Anonymous said...

you two slay me!

---renovation therapy

Anonymous said...

Sure; though it may be a little snug on you. I'll even lend you my lucky Irish socks.

So, how do you propose to get that BMX up the hill back to your house??

Enquiring minds wanna know.

Ramón

Sparkle Plenty said...

Very funny! (But, dude--poor Michelle! First the blue lips, now this.)

What kind of big, funny hat? Was it a fez? 'cause if it was a fez, you would be cooler than all the other kids and perhaps the shriners would teach you their secret handshake! Or: A beanie! A beanie with a whirligig on top would be way cool, and perhaps would provide a little extra zoop going downhill.

pork luck said...

sparkle, i just read this.. i'm on the floor laughing!

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.

Lucky Day!

Michelle said that getting pooped on by a bird is good luck. Well, Halleluja! It's my lucky day!