Wednesday, July 02, 2008

SUMMER SEASON!!

We, the Mighty, Mighty Woodcocks had our season opener last night. The mighty took to the field with the confidence of great warriors. We wore bright red t-shirts to scare our opponents. Scare them we did! I could see the fear in their eyes as they rounded 1st base on their way to second base.. and then third.. and then home plate to score. Fear overcame them as they hit homer after homer. Believe me, they will remember this night and never beat us 28 to 3 again. Never.

6 comments:

EGE said...

Oh, man.

Sparkle Plenty said...

I am SO looking forward to seeing that little despondent figure rejoicing some time. I KNOW that day will come. Perhaps shirts with woodcocks holding LIGHTNING BOLTS in their MOUTHS will lead you to glory.

pork luck said...

Ah, Sparkle! Your encouragement means the world to me!

Cake said...

They tried to recruit me to play for The Dayjob softball team.

I offered to be the drunken mascot.

They haven't answered me yet, strangely enough.

(I hope your next game goes better!)

pork luck said...

Oh Cake! You can be our drunk mascot! Pleeeeeeease??? We have a disney store here in SF that you might remember.

Cake said...

Perfect! I'll pick up a mascot costume after work today...when's the next game!

*skips off to the liquor store*

Lucky Day!

Michelle said that getting pooped on by a bird is good luck. Well, Halleluja! It's my lucky day!