Wednesday, July 16, 2008

0-3

The Mighty, Mighty Woodcocks tried out the green monster idea. Green t-shirts are much more fierce than purple! We took to the field like great green warriors. I, personally, was summoning the oh so powerful television god, "The Jolly Green Giant." Surely he must have some magical powers. After all, you cant eat THAT many vegetables and not have something to show for it. Alas, we fell behind 11 to nothing in the first inning. We were shaken but not stirred. We fought all the way back to 11-10. The opposing team had a fan.. one fan... who, in the final inning...brought out a bullhorn! A bullhorn! And yelled at us! Keep in mind this is C league in a park on a Tuesday night. So out comes the bullhorn......... That was it.. the Mighty fell. We could handle the other team. But not the other team's fan.

4 comments:

Sparkle Plenty said...

Okay. I gots me an idea. Let us make a roast in a crockpot, poorly refrigerate it, and "gift it" to the person with the bullhorn.

Maybe you all need to dye your hair a wild (temporary) color--baseball teams are always doing stuff like that (well, ya know, shaving their heads, etc.). It could be intimidating to be stared down by a team with all-purple hair. Distracting, anyway, and I believe that distraction could be your secret weapon.

EGE said...

Maybe you should wear rainbow t-shirts -- or no! Wait! I got it!

Find out what color the OTHER team is wearing, and wear THAT. And then, when you're on second base and one of your guys hits a pop fly, you can yell "I got it! I got it!" and make like you got it, then when it hits the ground kick it and run!

pork luck said...

sparkle and ege: These are brilliant ideas! I'll try them out and report back!

milo said...

that's it.. Jeanette and I will simply have to paint our faces next week... goooo woodcocks!

Lucky Day!

Michelle said that getting pooped on by a bird is good luck. Well, Halleluja! It's my lucky day!