Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Night owl


Sometimes my cat walks across the couch and steps on the remote control and changes the channel. ACCIDENTALLY of course. I don't really think much about it. Cats don't really watch TV, right? Over the last few days I've started to doubt that theory. I think they DO watch TV. And i think they get just as addicted to their shows as we do. The last few nights my cat Ethel has been waking me up at around 2 am. Chatting it up. She wont stop meowing at me until i wake up. So inevitably i get out of bed, go to the living room and turn on the TV. As soon as i make myself comfy on the couch she curls up on my tummy and quiets right down. Her head cocked just so...watching the screen. I would really rather she get up on her own and turn on the TV herself. I don't mind paying a few extra dollars on the electric bill. Really.

3 comments:

Julie McCoy said...

She is a stubborn little girl, isn't she? Wonder what she'd be like if she lived with me, without a tv....

Jean Martha said...

Ethel just wants some Mommy time by the warm glow of the boobtube.

modernemama said...

Our female kitty watches TV but the boy cats hug the remote...

Lucky Day!

Michelle said that getting pooped on by a bird is good luck. Well, Halleluja! It's my lucky day!