Thursday, April 30, 2009

The dresser

We sold a bunch of stuff at the garage last weekend. The goal was to sell enough junk so that we could buy a new dresser with the cash we made. We checked out a few online stores and settled on a piece from overstock.com. A perfectly gorgeous dark wood 6 drawer dresser. When we read the reviews on the site they said that its a real pain in the arse to put together but once you do its a beautiful piece of furniture. Oh yah baby. Bring it! I was all talk. I can put it together! My grandfather was a cabinet maker for Pete's sake! And i helped my sister take down and reconstruct her bed frame each time she moved! "Don't you worry your pretty little head," I told Michelle. "I can do it! I have tools!" Ok, so fast forward a few days. I've forgotten all about the dresser. When i arrived home from work last night it was waiting for me. There in the hallway. The neighbors helped Michelle carry the boxes upstairs. Yes, boxes. Plural. And there they sit. Staring at me. Daring me to open them. "Go ahead tuff guy! Open us! See if you can figure it out!"

I'm afraid.

UPDATE! Another box just came!!! AAAAAACK!!

3 comments:

jeesau said...

I do not envy you. That's the kind of stuff that ends up making me cry. I'm sure you'll figure it out though. Good luck!

EGE said...

I'm usually good at those things, too, but I'll give you a hint from one time I wasn't: if it won't fit, don't force it. And whatever you do, don't use wood glue unless you're ABSOLUTELY sure it's right.

I've still got a half-put together cabinet in my attic Johnny won't let me throw away.

pork luck said...

Wood Glue! Got it! Thanks EGE!

Lucky Day!

Michelle said that getting pooped on by a bird is good luck. Well, Halleluja! It's my lucky day!