Thursday, April 09, 2009

snack time


I've followed the advice of all those healthy experts on Oprah and The Biggest Loser and shows like that and gotten rid of the snacks in my house. You know, chips and cookies and doughnuts? They say that if you don't have them in your house then you can't eat poorly. AH! But they're wrong! If you want it badly enough you can come up with something equally as fattening. Last night i was watching the American Idol "BYE-BYE" show and i just HAD to have a snack! Something decadent! Something sweet! Something salty too! So i emptied the contents of my cabinets and spread everything out on the counter. AH HA! I found an old bag of stale peanuts and a can of chocolate frosting. I thought, "Yes! i can make something similar to a Reese's cup!" So there i sat in my jammies on the couch with a big spoon full of frosting in one hand and a bunch of peanuts in the other. It was a glorious evening!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I heart you my lost twin... :-)

pork luck said...

I heart you back!

EGE said...

EW! You watch American Idol!?

Tee hee.

jeesau said...

I've done the same thing. You're not alone. Last night, I made popcorn and sprinkled brown sugar on it!

pork luck said...

ooooh, Brown sugar popcorn?? Yer a genius!!

Yes, my darling EGE.. I've been sucked into the boob tube and am actually watching american idol this season. I understand if you cant be my friend anymore.

Unknown said...

Don't fret Porky, you can always look to me to outdo you in the # of reality shows you watch. I am scared to count how many are set on my TIVO. :-)

EGE said...

It's okay. I watch Rock of Love Bus. Yes. Yes, I do.

Melessa Gregg said...

Yup! I've done similar things many times. (Playing blog catch-up, as I often do.)

Lucky Day!

Michelle said that getting pooped on by a bird is good luck. Well, Halleluja! It's my lucky day!