Thursday, July 09, 2009

water

I discovered today that I'm incapable of drinking from a fountain. It goes right up my nose and then dribbles down my chin. I'm not sure why its so difficult for me. I tried a few times and each time i got the same result. Water all over my face and down my shirt. Perhaps its my grandma's fault. I remember when i was a little girl being at the park and my grandma telling me never to drink from them because there was some water fountain disease or something. And then there was the time at the golf course with my dad when i went for a drink and there was a bee on the spigot. Almost stung my nose, that guy! And there's a distant memory of my older sister telling me some strange story that there's a boxing glove in them and when you lean in they POP YOU right in the chin. So i guess in retrospect I'm a little skittish and just not that practiced at the fine art of water fountain-ing. Next time I'll just buy a bottle of water and be done with it.

5 comments:

EGE said...

Oof!

My word verification word for this comment is "nopsiff" -- which kind of sounds like you trying to drink out of a bubbler!

pork luck said...

precisely

Willow Beach said...

Sara, WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!!!! This is your older sister. I have no recollection of a boxing glove. Total fabrication. I DID, however, once have trench mouth from an unprotected session with a bubbler!!!

Sparkle Plenty said...

I'm a notorious dribbler. I'm just thankful that there is no photographic evidence of me trying to drink from a bubbler. The sight must be horrible.

HEY! Your SIS is weighing in! Cool! Hi, Pork Luck sis! My older sister occasionally reads my blog but the closest she ever came to commenting was when I put the infamous Easter Hat pic of us up. What can I say? I'm still getting back at her from when she dared me to eat the earwig on the Ritz cracker.

pork luck said...

Yes Sparkle! My sister pops up now and then. I swear she told me i'd get popped in the face by a boxing glove if i drank from the fountain. She used to tell me stuff like that.

Lucky Day!

Michelle said that getting pooped on by a bird is good luck. Well, Halleluja! It's my lucky day!