Tuesday, July 07, 2009

skater


My friend Andrea emailed and said that she'd like us to take ice skating classes together. She wants to join an adult hockey league. She's played before so she would be on the experienced team. I would have to be on the beginners boom boom team since i've really only skated a few times and that was YEARS ago when i was limber and able to fall without breaking my neck. She sent me the link so i could decide for myself if it was up my alley. While i was perusing the site i came across adult figure skating classes. I started off with a giggle as i read what we would learn and then fell into a full throated belly laff. Can you imagine? They actually choreograph a routine for you! And you perform it! In Oakland? In front of the homeless guy in the third row and the snack bar attendant? I think i'll pass. But i will go out and cheer for Andrea and her clan of toothless vixens!

7 comments:

jeesau said...

I hope this did not cause Michelle to have Mary La Duke flashbacks.

Andrea said...

I hope that's not me in the little skating outfit! BTW, it's full hockey gear for the class - a hockey skating and stick-handling class, deary! I'm still expecting you to come...

pork luck said...

Oh i'll be there... cheering...

pork luck said...

Oh and thats me with the bun..

milo said...

Jee.. girl.. i can't believe you and that mary la duke reference!!! bhahahahhaha!!!

Bean, I'll be there cheering you on girl! let's go get your tutu.

milo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alisha said...

Dude. I have friends who have done lessons. Don't laugh at me.....

Lucky Day!

Michelle said that getting pooped on by a bird is good luck. Well, Halleluja! It's my lucky day!