Monday, July 20, 2009

Parallel

There are two things in this life that will surely get a laff outa me. The first is when people fall down. Boy, howdy! I cant resist that one! Makes me laff everytime. Even if i'm quite sure there's a broken hip in the deal. I just cant stop that giggle from risin' from my belly. The second is a bit less obvious. I get the biggest kick outa watching people try to parallel park. In San Francisco parking is at a premium. There just arent enough spaces for all the cars to occupy. Especially when the outa towners show up. Michelle and i will spend countless hours in the window just watching some poor soul try for the 12th time to get into that peanut sized gap. Ooooh! Thats a good one! We'll even yell to each other the play by play if one of us has to leave the room. "Hey, he's crankin' it too far to the left again! Here he goes! OH! He smacked the bumper! Nope!! Has to start over!"

Oh man! Nothin' better!

5 comments:

Alisha said...

I love when the SUV waits patiently for me to vacate my spot and then spends 5 minutes trying to attempt to squeeze in my spot.

jeesau said...

Free entertainment! (Nice cartoon, by the way.)

pork luck said...

Thanks Jee!

And for those of you who dont know, alisha has a mini :)

EGE said...

I hate to toot my own horn or anything, but parallel parking is something I am exceedingly good at. I could wing my 1980 Chevy Impala into a left-sided spot on the first try, one-handed. I once got a round of applause from a construction crew for a particularly deft maneuver with the 1990 Cadillac Sedan DeVille. And man, you should have seen me with the '87 Ford Econoline. (If you're noticing a certain theme with my car sizes, let me just say I also have a knack for knowing when it's time to drive on by...)

That said, I've never tried to pull it off in San Francisco. And from what I hear, that city has a couple hills.

As my old friend Rusty used to say: That's why they call them "bumpers"!

A-bomb said...

Hilarious LB!

Lucky Day!

Michelle said that getting pooped on by a bird is good luck. Well, Halleluja! It's my lucky day!