Wednesday, September 10, 2008

1961

In 1961, times were slower, man. We were just coming out of the 50's.. you know.. Happy Days... ice cream parlors, housewives in pretty little dresses? The Kennedy's were in the White house. Apparently, so was Marilyn Monroe. And the Vietnam War was only a twinkle in Dick Nixon's eye. Easy man, easy times. We were in no hurry. We were takin' the slow road. That's the year Michelle's baby blue VW bug was born. It wasn't created to go fast. It was created to look cute and take it's time exploring the highways and byways of this world.

Fast forward to last night. On the freeway. Everyone in a hurry to get to.. whatever the hell they had to get to in such a damn rush. And me, in that sweet little bug... chuggin along at 55. CANT YOU SEE THAT I'M IN AN OLD CAR??? OLD CARS DON'T GO 90 ON THE FREEWAY!!! Why oh why must you ride my bumper and then wave your fist in anger as you pass??? Why must you look at me with disgust as you wizzz by?

Come on, man.. lets all just slow it down.

5 comments:

EGE said...

I was behind a new bug today -- a sort of taupe color, convertible -- we were stuck in traffic waiting for the stoopid bridge to go up. And then when it did go up, and I pulled up next to the sute and sassy little beetle... There was a tattooed skinhead in it blasting thrash metal with the windows down. I wanted to yell "Does your mommy know you have her car?" but traffic wasn't moving all that quickly yet, and I was afraid he might jump out and kick me in the head.

So instead, I turned up Gwen Stefani REALLY REALLY loud.

Bananas! B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

pork luck said...

heheheheheeheh

Anonymous said...

Hear! Hear! Get Banjo to lean out the window and growl at them when they pass.
Jamamay

Anonymous said...

Hear! Hear! Get Banjo to lean out the window and growl at them when they pass.
Jamamay

Anonymous said...

whoops!
Jamamay

Lucky Day!

Michelle said that getting pooped on by a bird is good luck. Well, Halleluja! It's my lucky day!