Thursday, June 12, 2008

valley of the dolls

Michelle and i went to the international cafe the other night to listen to the acoustic open mike show they put on. The headliner was a singer/songwriter named Keiko Takamura. Very talented girl. We enjoyed her performance so much that we wanted to get some info on her. In the back corner of the cafe was a table with business cards and stuff so we wandered over to take a peek. Keiko didn't just have postcards and an email list to sign up for.. she had dolls. Of herself. That she made. mmhum... you too can have a Keiko Takamura doll! She had herself wearing three different outfits. I'm going to collect all three and put them on the shelf where i keep my Janice Joplin doll and my Willie Nelson monopoly game!

7 comments:

milo said...

pretty talented girl, that one!

Anonymous said...

Co inky dink (or however you spell that) I just saw this girl on MTV True Live, and it was about people who live their lives on line, and are nervous about human contact. Sara, did you discover this girl through Second Life? If so, consider me shocked!
sfw

pork luck said...

Holy smokes! I just saw the MTV interview! I had no idea she's famous! well, virtually famous.

Anonymous said...

Somehow, I just can't see you in Second Life. If SL was around when we were in college, we probably would have spent hours talking about how unusual it was. Like on the level of a Joanne and Roger conversation (RIP) Remember Robin, the somewhat asexual woman who rode a motorcycle? I can totally see her in Second Life.

Anonymous said...

This doll reminds me of Alien.

Ramón

EGE said...

Making dolls of yourself is creepy and strange. It's what I keep trying to explain to my friend Barbie, but she will not listen.

Amy English said...

I totally had an email signup list! Also, the dolls are still available. :P

Did you friend me on Myspace? I'm usually on Myspace rather than randomly looking at peoples' blogs. (http://www.myspace.com/keikotakamura)

Lucky Day!

Michelle said that getting pooped on by a bird is good luck. Well, Halleluja! It's my lucky day!