Friday, June 13, 2008

punchline

Every time the new season of Last Comic Standing starts i get a hankerin.' Oh yeah, i think i can do it. I get this urge to quit my job and travel the laff circuit... maybe get a sitcom.. an interview on the tonight show couch... maybe even WIN AN OSCAR! They never thought a comedian like me had the chops, they'd say; as they recount my tear jerking academy award winning speech. I've never done stand-up comedy.. but boy.. when Last Comic Standing comes on... i always think i can! So the other day when michelle took banjo out for her potty break i turned the bedroom mirror around and tried out my shtick on myself.

Boy did i bomb.

Now i just watch with envy as the REAL comedians make me chuckle.

10 comments:

milo said...

awww silly... you're the funniest person I know.. the audience would love you!!! they'd fall over laughing! and yell encore when you finished!

EGE said...

Did you heckle yourself? If you heckled yourself, then I hope you told you where to cram it!

Anonymous said...

I still say you'd do an awesome graphic novel, w/ funny stories.
sfw

pork luck said...

thanks doll

Anonymous said...

I think you're funny: you draw funny, you write funny, you look funny. Everything about you screams funny! Funny is in your veins!

Ramón

Jean Martha said...

awwww - go take an improv class!!!

Connie said...

This is a great picture; I'm sure from other comments that you'd probably be great as a stand-up.

Kathy said...

AWWW -- thanks for sharin' your story!! :) I'D clap for you!! :)

Unknown said...

I LOVE LCS - we should get together and watch. Someday we'll have to see each other again so this is as good a reason as any. :-)

Sparkle Plenty said...

I bet you are the toughest audience you'd ever face. And, if you were watching you for real you'd probably make you laugh.

Damn. I have to go lie down now. I am so confused.

Lucky Day!

Michelle said that getting pooped on by a bird is good luck. Well, Halleluja! It's my lucky day!