Friday, June 06, 2008

forgotten

There was a little competition going on here at work. My buddy and i both got tiny rose bushes for valentines day. My co-worker's plant was going gangbusters and sprouting little leaves and thorns at an astonishing rate. My poor little guy was just limping along. She would look at my pot full of stark branches and tiny leaves and just giggle to herself. She would talk to her rose bush and pet it... she'd bring it over to my desk to compare. "Yes indeed," she would think to herself, "I have a green thumb and I'm raising a jolly green giant!" and then.. it happened... we came back from a 3 day weekend and her plant, her BABY.. was dead. It simply shriveled up and died. It sat, until yesterday; on her desk... just a pot full of sticks poking up thru a clump of dry dirt. It now lives on jesus' desk where I'm sure it will flourish again.

Yo, Myra! Who has the green thumb now?!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

waaaaaaah

i'm so sad.

Anonymous said...

Great story-- well told, well written, and funny and the perfect drawing to match.

bluebicicletta.wordpress.com

milo said...

hehehe... poor Myra...

studio lolo said...

It missed the love over the long weekend :(

Great post!

murphy girl said...

this is so funny!

Bella Sinclair said...

YESSSSSS! Ahh, life is sweet. Great story, and nice drawing.

Cake said...

Hey Myra! I bet she swapped the pots! ::giggles::

Anonymous said...

cake! hmmm...you may be right.


-myra

Lucky Day!

Michelle said that getting pooped on by a bird is good luck. Well, Halleluja! It's my lucky day!