Thursday, November 15, 2007

dmv

yep, thats me.. without hair. I pulled it all out this morning. I went to the DMV.. i know thats all i need to say.. but i think i might get some therapy out of re-telling the story. I had to show proof of insurance on my motorcycle so that i could get my little registration sticker. I got there with my pile of documents that prove i have insurance and handed them to the little mean lady behind the desk. The lady looked at them over her bi-focals and said, "I see... You have to fax these to the DMV." I said, "You ARE the DMV." and she said, "No, i'm not THAT dmv, i'm the other dmv.. you have to fax these to the other dmv and then they send you a paper in the mail that you bring back to THIS dmv." I said, "but i'm here, looking at you.. standing in this drab green building.. and i have the paper work right here in my hand..." I took a breathe and thought... "oh, i have it!" "YOU fax it to the dmv!" I said triumphantly! "No, i cant fax it", she says, "you have to." I said, "well how would they know if i faxed it or you faxed it?" then she said with a red face...

"NEXT!?"

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, that wasn't too far short of an Abbott & Costello routine, huh?

"See, it's the bottom of the ninth inning, and Whose on first, Watts on second and Idunnoknow's on
third.........."

Looks to me like you earned yourself some second-hand bath water and a nice hot cup of filtered Mr Coffee water.
Ramón

milo said...

tada.. once again.. brilliant.. I just show up here for the laughs

Anonymous said...

Poor Sara left the DMV feeling dirty and battered.
I hope that you didn't mention that you gave Banjo a bath after you took yours; let her think that that viscous bathtub ring came solely from you. The poor dear doesn't need any more frustration - let her soak in peace.

Ramón

pork luck said...

thank you

Anonymous said...

Wow. We've all heard Evil DMV stories, and it takes a lot to really impress in that category. It's like saying mean things about Dracula. Has to be REALLY mean to stand out, you know? And THIS, Sara, is the all-time winner for Evil DMV stories. Well done. Except for the part about having to have it actually happen to you.

jamamay said...

Sara, this is priceless!!

Anonymous said...

Poor battered Sara!!
The last time we checked in on her, she trudged up the stairs of her tenement; rejection written on all over her face.
She decided to soak away the misery of government gone horribly awry.
As she tried to put the DMV farce behind her by soaking in a tepid tub of Banjo & Michelle water, Ethel jolted her back to the bumper-car reality of her existence with a loud wailing; demanding to know what Sara was doing behind the closed bathroom door.
Roscoe, not to be outdone, was feeling under the door with a pads-up frenzy, wondering why he couldn't sit on the toilet and watch Sara.
As Sara let out a deep sigh, sinking ever lower into the pond scum while taking a well-earned gulp of house-hooch from the Welch's Concord Grape jar/highball glass, she almost choked when the intercom startled her. It had to be UPS with the package she had been expecting!
"Michelle? - Can you get that, Please!? Silence...
Knowing full well that by the time she made it to the intercom, the UPS driver would be doing a "wheelie" down the street - she gave up.
Ahhhh....peace at last.....
Two seconds later, Michelle and Banjo flung open the bathroom door and asked: "Are you still in the tub!? Where's dinner!?
That was the cat's cue to run and hide under the bed.........

Ramón

Lucky Day!

Michelle said that getting pooped on by a bird is good luck. Well, Halleluja! It's my lucky day!