Thursday, May 14, 2009

So long old friend

This morning i had to say goodbye to an old friend. A buddy who had supported me for over 4 years. Was a strong arm to lean on when i was down. Who loved a good nap with me in the afternoon sun. Watched hundreds of hours of football without complaint. Even bounced up and down when the Giants won the Superbowl! We did love to sit together and have a decadent snack, didn't we? But things changed a couple weeks ago. I could see that you were jealous. That you wanted me to relax with you and not let the dog take over my spot. But it was time. Our relationship had run its course. It was time for me to move on. On to bigger and better.

The big truck came for you this morning and uncaring hands dumped you in the back with the others. As if you were only an object. Not a friend.


I'm sorry, couch. I'll miss you.

11 comments:

Jean Martha said...

OMG. I'm weepy for couchy.

milo said...

it's a sad sad day

milo said...

well of course I wasn't quite as attached... since I never got to sit on it

jeesau said...

aw...and I remember when you got that couch! What are you sitting on now?

pork luck said...

We got a bigger couch so michelle can sit on it too.

milo said...

it's a bit smelly though... our neighbor graciously cleared out their storage and helped us relocate their old beloved couch

Charlie said...

Poor ould couch. Thanks for not telling Johnny you were getting rid of it, though, or we'd have it in our living room right now!

Charlie said...

Oops. That was me -- EGE -- I'm at One Friend's and forgot to sign myself in.

(My word verification is "purily." Which I am.)

Sparkle Plenty said...

I'm torn between mourning for your couch emeritus, marveling at its googly eyes (very cool, except if it kept peering down into my snack bowls and saying "Are you really going to eat ALL of that?"), and thinking that you might want to invest in some...Febreze for the new couch?! Or somethin'? Or, there might be a "greener solution" involving white vinegar. White vinegar is everywhere these days...It's the elvis of green cleaning.

pork luck said...

ooooh really? Vinegar? Lets give it a try! I'll report back!

milo said...

no D-bag couch

Lucky Day!

Michelle said that getting pooped on by a bird is good luck. Well, Halleluja! It's my lucky day!