Friday, May 22, 2009

I'm a grown-up lady

When i was a teenager it used to FREAK ME THE HELL OUT when my mom would stand in the living room in her pantyhose and bra ironing her outfit for the day. Mortified at her lack of clothing I'd cover my eyes and yell, "MOM! Cant you wear something! Why do you have to stand there in the living room naked like that!?" Well, fast forward a few hundred years to yesterday. I had what Oprah might call a full circle moment. There i was, in the kitchen in my bra and panties ironing my outfit for the day. I guess its official. I'm a grown-up lady.

By the way, I wasn't actually wearing pantyhose. It just makes for a funnier cartoon.

4 comments:

Jean Martha said...

OMG. I love this. Especially the hose.

By the way, I'm on my Mom's computer and I can see that she's been coming to your blog daily. Cute!

Sparkle Plenty said...

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Ha!

(Zzt: I don't iron anymore. The last time I did was in a hotel room and I kinda ironed my outfit while I was wearin' in.)

Sparkle Plenty said...

Wearin' it. Crap.

"Trine" is my word verification term, and I believe that is the name for a new species discovered by the crew of the Starship Enterprise.

pork luck said...

Awww, welcome renovation mommy!! So glad you come by for a visit now and then!

Sparkle: Yes, i saw that episode. The all female Trine nation were trying to get Kirk to marry their leader. It all ended badly, of course. He did a shoulder roll and killed them all with his lazer. Sad realy. The Trine nation was HOT!

Lucky Day!

Michelle said that getting pooped on by a bird is good luck. Well, Halleluja! It's my lucky day!