Tuesday, March 03, 2009

switch

This is my apology letter to my upstairs neighbor. Michelle and i blew a fuse in our apartment this morning and i went down stairs to flip the little switch. Its clearly marked. This isn't rocket science for Pete's sake. I know how to flip the fuse switch back on. Or wait.. maybe it IS rocket science. I flipped the switch and walked back upstairs fully expecting Good Morning America to be blaring, the lights back on and a nice steamy hot pot of coffee ready to go. Nope, it was still dark and deathly silent as i walked in the door. Hummm... I guess i did it wrong. Back down i went into the bowels of our building. "FLIP." Back on... ok, this time the TV will be back nice and loud and we'll have lights and yummy coffee. But again i walked into the darkness. Ugh! What the hell? Michelle said i must be doing it wrong. DOING IT WRONG? You CANT do it wrong. Its just a flip of a switch! So this time she followed me. I showed her EXACTLY what i did... I over emphasized my movements. See, you just find apt G on the grid and flip the little switch. She shook her head in disgust. That's NOT G, that's N!

So, uh, sorry neighbors in apartment N. I'll reset your clocks if you want.

3 comments:

lady luck said...

Our power went out tonight too! It goes out a lot because I'm addicted to our space heater but it only happens when jamie is in the middle of something REALLY important on the computer. ha!

milo said...

Emily... i'm loving that pic of you two!

pork luck said...

I love this pic too!!!!!

Lucky Day!

Michelle said that getting pooped on by a bird is good luck. Well, Halleluja! It's my lucky day!