Monday, March 23, 2009

Girl Scouts


I don't like Girl Scout Cookies. I don't like anything about them. I think they're nasty little cardboard cutouts. But the rest of America is NUTS for the things. Michelle picked up a box from the neighborhood girl scout and you should've seen peoples faces as we passed them on the sidewalk. Their eyes would dart to the box and scan to see what flavor we purchased. "Where's the girl scout?!" they'd shout. "Where'd you get that box!??" And then their pace would pick up...as if the scouts just might put the boxes of cookies back in hiding if they didn't get there fast! I don't get it. Those cookies are awful! Geeeeeez! You'd think we were carrying gold bricks!

6 comments:

Sparkle Plenty said...

Gotta agree with ya, Lucky P. I like a cookie with a bit more gumption, too.

EGE said...

The only ones I like are the round ones with the hole in the middle and the coconut on the outside and caramel in the middle and chocolate on the bottom and maybe something graham-crackery or something in there somewhere as well. They used to be called Samoas but somebody decided that was racist somehow (because Samoans stereotypically... have holes in their middles? Chocolate on their bottoms? What?) and so now they're called something else but I never bothered to remember what. They're really more like candy bars than cookies. A hundred tiny candy bars, all in a box, for me to put in my mouth one after another instead of eating something good for me -- like, for example, lunch.

Now, where's that Girl Scout at?

pork luck said...

oooh.. tiny candy bars? Maybe i'll give those scouts a second chance...

Cake said...

The vanilla Girl Guide cookies we have in Canada are the best...I can't eat them but I remember their tastiness.

*goes off sobbing*

Anonymous said...

Samoas® are the best!!! The ABC version is called Caramel deLites®. Old folks will remember that same cookie made by the Sunshine brand name (bought by Keebler) that you could buy at the grocery. I CAN'T remember what they were called. It's killing me.
-HPH

Anonymous said...

I remembered! Before 3AM! Here's the recipe http://recipeclippings.com/mf/1/5109

-HPH

Lucky Day!

Michelle said that getting pooped on by a bird is good luck. Well, Halleluja! It's my lucky day!