Tuesday, June 30, 2009

uh oh

Oooops. I got fat. I ate and drank my way all the way up to Portland and back. But wow, was it worth it!!?? What a beautiful coastline Oregon has. Every inch looks like a Bob Ross painting. Happy trees. Gorgeous seascapes. Green pastures that just keep getting greener. It was a great trip. My favorite stop along the way was a German restaurant in Coos Bay. The host was a German gentleman in his 70s who turned out to be the waiter as well as the bartender. And, yep.. surprise, the chef as well. He showed us to our seats, poured our drinks, took our lunch order and then rushed back to the kitchen to cook up my schnitzel. He offered us dessert but i was afraid he'd run off and bake a cake so we just said thank you and asked for the check. You really must visit him if you're in the area. I think it was called the Blue Heron? Something like that anyway. Just look for the out-of-place Hansel and Grettle cottage in the middle of town.

Now its time to lace up the running shoes...

1 comment:

Alisha said...

If it makes you feel any better, I ate and drank my way through SF...
Can't wait to compare notes!

Lucky Day!

Michelle said that getting pooped on by a bird is good luck. Well, Halleluja! It's my lucky day!