Monday, October 13, 2008

Television debut

So you know how people... well, grandmas...tell you to wear clean underwear when you leave the house? Because you never know when you might be in an accident? Well, add to that old saying, "And brush your hair." On Saturday Michelle and i took Banjo for a walk. It was supposed to be just a short jaunt across the street to the little park for a quick puppy pee pee. But the little park was full of people having some sort of a rally. So we walked to the big park about 1/2 mile away. I didn't put on a nice outfit and i threw a hat on to disguise what i can only describe as a birds nest. As we neared the second park i noticed a pretty blond lady in a red pantsuit standing next to a man holding a TV camera. mmhum... I'm sure you can guess where THIS is going. Just as we got within about 2 feet of her she thrust a microphone in my face and asked, "Are you a Democrat or a Republican?" "Uh....... a democrat?" I asked." The pretty blond lady then says, "Well, can you please tell the Sky News Audience in England why you're voting for Obama?" Shell shocked, i just stood there staring at her. "But i haven't even combed my hair." I tell her. "And i had a hat on.. and I'm not really dressed to answer these kinds of questions." Unfazed, the English woman says, "Well, you can put your hat back on. Now tell us, what are the 3 top issues for you in the election?" And there i was.. just staring... blankly.. at the camera. I think i may have said something about the economy and my measly little 401k. But mostly i just stared and combed my hair with my fingers. I'm sure I'll appear on some comedy show in London as the Idiot from San Francisco. So.. as i said... wear clean underwear and dress for a television appearance every time you leave the house. You'll thank me for it later.

2 comments:

Cake said...

I can't wait to spot this bit on YouTube!!! Can I have your autograph!? ::grin::

Jayne said...

Oh, I wish I'd seen this post earlier and actually seen it. Except I haven't got Sky.

Oh.

Lucky Day!

Michelle said that getting pooped on by a bird is good luck. Well, Halleluja! It's my lucky day!