Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Tourist

My friend Shelley had a great idea for her birthday. On Sunday a big group of us dressed up like San Francisco tourists and climbed onto a double decker tour bus and spent over 5 hours exploring our fare city. What a fun thing to do! The bus stopped at all the major landmarks and let us get off and wander around. I found an ice cream parlor at Fisherman's Wharf and ordered a big fat hot fudge sundae. I sat on a curb and kinda wolfed it down. I rarely let myself eat ice cream anymore. As I finished my sundae one of my fellow Woodcocks passed by. She was taking her family for a tour. We exchanged pleasantries and then went on our merry way. A few minutes later i looked down at my shirt.. i had chocolate ice cream all down the front of me and a bit left on my chin. I think I'll say i was on Ambien and don't remember seeing her. It worked for Patrick Kennedy. Apparently he explained away picking up hookers by saying he was on the sleeping drug. If you can pick up hookers and not remember.. then surely you can be a sloppy ice cream eater.

6 comments:

EGE said...

Do you throw out your pictures after you scan them, or do you have a file of them somewhere? 'Cuz my One Friend and I were talking, and we both think they'd look awfully good hanging on our walls...

pork luck said...

wow! Thanks! Yah, i keep most of them. Do you have a particular cartoon in mind?

Jean Martha said...

Ambien...that explains everything! LOL

EGE said...

Um, I'm sure I do, but I'm leaving in ten minutes for five days, so I'll have to get back to you. It'll give me a chance to read all your archives again!

Anonymous said...

This is another laugh outloud one! fwiw, I printed out the one you did of the guy dancing on the bus, w/ his iPod, and taped it to my office window.
sfw

pork luck said...

aww.. thanks steph!

Lucky Day!

Michelle said that getting pooped on by a bird is good luck. Well, Halleluja! It's my lucky day!