Friday, August 08, 2008

sing-along

My sister went out with a BANG! I took her to Oakland to this little dive bar called the Alley. They have the "Amazing Rod Dibble" tickling the ivories and you sit around the piano and sing. They have stools set up all around his baby grand with microphones. You choose an old diddy to sing from his big dusty book of hits.. he does the intro and then gives you the nod to begin. What fun! We had a bunch of our friends come out and do a few numbers. My sister sang about 3 or 4 tunes. But the show stopper was when she did a duet with Barry. Barry is a guy we met there who came with his own book of hits. They sang "Memory" from Cats. WOW! What a performance! Encore! Encore!! Brilliant!!!!

She's catching a plane for home in an hour. I'm sure she'll be stopped at the airport for her autograph!

P.S. I sang "Send in the clowns."

8 comments:

Sparkle Plenty said...

That's what ya call a grand finale. Hope she comes back soon!

Anonymous said...

This is one of your pieces that makes me laugh out loud! Of course you would chat up a guy named Barry, who brought his own song book.
You are one of my most awesome friends.
sfw

milo said...

awww... thanks steph! You're one of most awesome friends too!

pork luck said...

ooops.. sorry.. michelle was signed in on blogger.. that was me saying you're on of my most awesome friends!

pork luck said...

of course, michelle is quite fond of you as well.

milo said...

I am :)

Jean Martha said...

Send in the clowns? Awesome. Just awesome.

I tend to pick "Islands in the Stream" to duet on at karaoke...after MANY beers.

Anonymous said...

That's OK, I sort of just did the same thing on Facebook. LOVE the picture Michelle/Milo put up of you @ the bar!
SFW

Lucky Day!

Michelle said that getting pooped on by a bird is good luck. Well, Halleluja! It's my lucky day!