Tuesday, February 26, 2008

tip jar

On Saturday we went to Green chili for tacos.. yummy tacos!! and the lady was so nice at the counter who took our order. Not like the nasty cafeteria lady. She asked questions about how I'd like my food prepared.. and smiled at me. I felt really well taken care of. They had a little tip jar by the cash register and i thought I'd repay her for the great customer service with a couple extra bucks. Right when i placed the money in the jar she looked away. She didn't see. She didn't know that i was being super generous! I wanted to take the money back out and wait until she looked my way to see my extravagant tip! But what if she turned back to me as i was taking OUT the money!? Ugh! I just walked away... my generous heart and gallant ways went unrecognized.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let that be a lesson to you!

Next time, call out: "Excuse me, do you know the capital of Malaysia?" - or something to that affect.
Or: "Excuse me, could you super-size that beef, chicken and pork chop burrito? Well, on second thought, it's fine like that."
THAT'S when you make a big theatrical gesture with the tip!

Face it; who doesn't want an audience when they're distributing largesse?

Ramón

Anonymous said...

But now we all know the truth.
Sarah's nice!

Anonymous said...

Sarah is not JUST nice, she's really - really - really nice!!

She's nice like going to a movie that you been waiting to see, and you snag the nice seat; the one without people loudly eating popcorn and unwrapping those deafening candy wrappers and the incontinent person in the middle seat nice!

She's nice like going to Safeway and Progresso soups are 10 for $10 nice!

She's nice like a getting a seat on MUNI......in both directions nice!

Ramón

Jayne said...

This really made me laugh. The thought of her catching you as you took money out to give back to her.

Lucky Day!

Michelle said that getting pooped on by a bird is good luck. Well, Halleluja! It's my lucky day!