Friday, July 01, 2011

Dodged a bullet

My badge that lets me into the building at work stopped working yesterday. It happens periodically. I used to freak-out and assume i got fired. But, you know.. that's just my nature. This time i just waited by the door until somebody came out and i dashed inside. YAY! Of course, that meant i couldn't leave the building but at least i was inside. I went and talked to the office administrator who knows all things about everything and has magical powers to fix anything from printers to a bloody nose. She said my badge expired and i had to get a new one. Complete with a new picture. "Uh! Wait! A new picture???" I've had a terrible cold all week. "No! I don't look my best! I cant get a picture taken today that I'll have to carry around with me my entire career here!?"        She looked over her bi-focals at me and said.. "I'm afraid you will." And she made that YIKES face. So she walked me over to the new badge station and waited in line with me. When my turn came up the badge guy directed me to the little painted feet on the cement floor and said.. "Ok, stand there and we'll snap your photo."        I walked to my spot. Sniffled and wiped my nose. Breathed heavily thru my mouth and wiped some goop from the corner of my eyes.   He looked at me a little closer.  "You know, i think we can just use your old photo..."

YES! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) SORRY LOL I JUST FOUND THIS COMMENT THING, I'M NEW TO READING BLOG'S BUT I ADDED IT TO MY FAV'S SO I CAN KEEP THE SMILES ROLLING. YOU ROCK!

pork luck said...

awww... thats awesome! Welcome to my wacky little land of Pork.

Lucky Day!

Michelle said that getting pooped on by a bird is good luck. Well, Halleluja! It's my lucky day!