Wednesday, April 14, 2010

LATE!!!

Last night was our first official softball game for the Mighty, Mighty Woodcocks. We had a game a couple weeks ago but it got rained out in the second inning so this was really the first full game. I was very excited to dust off the ol' cleats and smack some dudes asses for the first time after a very long and wet winter. I had my evening planned out perfectly. I'd go get my hair cut at 6 and be at the field at 7:30. Game started at 7:40. That left me 10 minutes to tie my laces, stretch out the hamstrings, throw the ball around a bit and be on the bench ready for the first pitch right on time. Noooooooooo problem. Until i heard this, "I'll just get out the flat iron so you can see what the haircut should really look like." uh wait, no... i didn't schedule time for the flat iron! I only scheduled enough time for the cut and a quick blow dry! No flat iron!!! But Leslie my dear friend and hair stylist extraordinaire was insistent. 'Oh, it will just take a minute. I cant let you walk out of here half done, now can i?" she lectured. "Now if only this thing would heat up...." oh god! I'll be late to the game! And we need a certain amount of people or we'll forfeit! We'll lose!!!! She started in on the flattening... "See.. it just takes a minute...to.. hummm.. you have a LOT of hair..." TICK, TICK, TICK "ok, now we're cooking! Its looking great! oh, hold on.. plug seems to be loose..." TICK, TICK, TICK... AAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!! She FINALLY finished up and spun me around in the chair with a hand held mirror to admire the...UH... flatness? Yep! Flat! Looks swell! Ok, gotta run!!! i said, as i quickly scribbled out a check for services rendered. I jumped in michelle's blue VW bug and we were off to the field. A Mad dash to make it by game time! I hadn't changed yet. I had my sports bra in my backpack. I just had to put it on as we drove. I unsnapped the one i was wearing and flung it to the backseat. On with the sports bra! Just as i was making my wardrobe change we skidded around a corner to find a father and son looking directly at me! "SORRY DAD!!!" I yelled as he shielded the boys eyes! Wow, that must have been quite a sight! I finished changing and pulled up to the rec center. I ran to the field. But alas...it was too late. Game time had come and gone and we had lost. The other Woodcocks were kind. They all smiled and said my hair looked nice. But i know inside their little woodcock hearts were broken. I learned a valuable lesson last night. Flat hair is for sissy's. Not Woodcocks.

Sorry fellas. I'll slap your ass next week.

1 comment:

EGE said...

Balls. But I bet your hair looks Rock Star Hot.

Lucky Day!

Michelle said that getting pooped on by a bird is good luck. Well, Halleluja! It's my lucky day!