Tuesday, December 08, 2009

details

They made us take a personality test last week at work. Not sure why. Maybe to see if any of us are going to lose our cookies and go postal? The results came back that I'm characterized as the "absent minded professor." According to the test I'm in my head a lot and am a bit of a dreamer. I see big picture but details? Eh, who needs details. I took these results with a grain of salt. Who could really know me from answering a few stupid questions on a piece of paper?

Yah, well... apparently that stupid piece of paper knows me pretty well. This morning as i was walking out the door heading off to work i heard Michelle call to me from the hallway.
"Hey! Aren't you uncomfortable?"
"Huh?" i replied. No, I'm fine, why?"
"Your V-neck sweater's on backwards. I think the V is supposed to be in the front."

Perhaps the absent minded professor title isn't so far off...


5 comments:

Sparkle Plenty said...

I don't know, Miss Pork Luck...sweater backward seems awfully close to fashion-forward to me. Inventiveness is next to absent-mindedness, prof! (Just think of flubber!) :-)

(It might be good to note that I went to the store with my sweater on the wrongside out this week, so there's a slim chance I might view this anecdote with a certain bias.)

pork luck said...

Ah, yes Sparkle! We are birds of a feather!

jen said...

I'll SEE YOU a nutty professor and RAISE YOU a blonde (or whatever)--this week I not only left my debit card IN THE CASH MACHINE but I also left my entire book of checks behind at the kennel when I picked up my dogs today. My husband said it's a wonder I didn't also SIGN some blank checks since I'm feeling so financially generous lately.

Brian said...

You know, I'm pretty sure that a psych profile that gives you back an answer like "absent-minded professor" is not what you'd call an entirely scientific proposition.

I'd tell you to just forget about it, but I suppose that's built right in ...

pork luck said...

heheheh.. Poor Jen!!! I hope somebody didnt use your checks to get their own dog a perm!!

Brian, yes, i agee.. already forgotten.

Lucky Day!

Michelle said that getting pooped on by a bird is good luck. Well, Halleluja! It's my lucky day!