Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Good night sweet Woodcocks

Tonight Banjo and i got suited up for our first softball game of the summer season. Oh yah baby. I've been looking forward to it all day. Dreaming about the homers I'd hit, the double plays I'd make and the asses I'd slap. I laced up my cleats, grabbed my glove and filled my pocket full of puppy treats for my faithful pooch. We jumped in the car and raced off to the field! I pulled up to the park and looked for my buddies The Mighty Mighty Woodcocks. The field was dark. That's weird. And then i remembered that sometimes they switch us to another field when we start a new season. No problem! Banjo and i knew exactly where it was! Only a mile away and i knew a shortcut! "Hang on Banjo!" i yelled! As i pushed the accelerator to the floor. Banjo got in stealth position and we flew across Berkeley! We got within a block of the field when i realized i had gone down a cul-de-sac! Drat! I threw it in reverse! Banjo spun around and leaned into the turn! "We're gonna make it by game time Banjo!" I assured her! And maybe myself! I still had 3 minutes before the first pitch! We raced around the block and found parking right by the field! But........ this field was dark, too! What the!        
and then i realized. Season starts next week.

No comments:

Lucky Day!

Michelle said that getting pooped on by a bird is good luck. Well, Halleluja! It's my lucky day!