Tuesday, November 24, 2009

THE TABLE

My mom has a table that she inherited from her grandmother. She is storing it at my aunts house here in the bay area. My niece wants the table that my mom inherited from her grandmother for her new apartment in LA. So that poses a question. How to get the much sought after table from the bay area to LA. Oh i know! Why don't i rent a big SUV and drive it down thanksgiving weekend? Perfect! Problem posed. Problem solved.

oh wait... its Thanksgiving weekend. Every mom and dad and baby are renting SUVs this weekend to go see their long lost relatives. But don't worry, there's ONE left! ONE shiny SUV waiting for me on the lot. Excellent! My niece will have her family heirloom. Oh wait, they don't have any of the super sized SUVs on the lot. Just a tiny one. In the back. With no hubcaps. Well, ok.. i guess we can try it.

I'm also responsible for two pies for the family dinner. Stay tuned to see if the table fits, the four chairs fit, the two pies fit, the 5 suitcases fit, the dog fits, the dog's bed fits, the camping gear fits (that's another story), the and if Michelle and finally...IF I FIT.

7 comments:

milo said...

sigh.. who knew a Rav4 was considered a midsize suv???

I guess we're a go for the pies.. my word verification is OVENE

milo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

If anyone can do it, you two can. How can you go all the way without eating the scrumptious pies? Do they sell pies in LA???
Happy, Happy,
Jamamay

Cake said...

SO? DID IT WORK???

Cake said...

p.s.
THERCL. Whatever that is!

pork luck said...

It worked!!!! Thanks for asking Cake! We got the table to LA and delivered it to my niece in one piece. The dog however was not very happy in her tiny little space for 5 hours.

Poiddle: i stepped in a poiddle this morning.

Cake too lazy to sign in said...

Awesome!!! *wild applause*

p.s.
Policis...Spanish for "police"??

Lucky Day!

Michelle said that getting pooped on by a bird is good luck. Well, Halleluja! It's my lucky day!