Tuesday, February 03, 2009

red cheeks

I did it. I went to the tanning salon. Although in my case it should be called the BURNING salon. I had to get into this contraption and cover my face and wear space goggles for 6 minutes. It wasn't one of those beds you see on TV. It was a little wooden room that reminded me of a campsite shower. Only tiny. So small that your shoulders almost touch the walls. There was a sign that said they recently changed the light bulbs but only on one side.. so if you want an even tan you have to spin around the whole time. Kinda like a rotisserie oven i guess. So I climbed in and spun around with my space goggles on for 6 minutes. I didn't notice the burn until later when Michelle said... "Uh oh... you look a little pink." I ran to the mirror and lifted my shirt. Indeed, this little chicken was well done. If you went to KFC I'd be in the extra crispy bucket. Beware the camp shower rotisserie!

5 comments:

EGE said...

OHH!!! NOO!!!!!

When do you leave?

jeesau said...

that sounds strange -- they made you turn around? huh. hope that feels better soon! sun burns suck.

pork luck said...

we leave next wednesday. Just time enough to peel and be lilly white again for the trip.

milo said...

yep... that's what we get for choosing the cheapo salon!

Jean Martha said...

Oh man...hope that doesn't hurt too much!!

Lucky Day!

Michelle said that getting pooped on by a bird is good luck. Well, Halleluja! It's my lucky day!