Monday, June 21, 2010

ghost


That's our ghost. Yep, the house came with a ghost. I'm not really surprised. The house was built in the 1920's. So, it figures somewhere along the line a spirit might get stuck in the rafters and linger in Berkeley for a few hundred years while they sort things out in the afterlife. I met her the other night. Michelle was sound a sleep and i saw an outline of an older woman with a little hat sitting on her chest giggling up a storm. I couldn't believe my eyes!! I kept trying to open them wider and wider to make sure i was really seeing what i THOUGHT i was seeing! I looked at the alarm clock to see what time it was and suddenly all kinds of the most vibrant colored plants started growing all around it. It looked like a restored Disney film. I half expected the vines to start singing a ballad to me. Our garden is doing exceptionally well in the backyard. I mean, maybe TOO well. It makes sense that a spirit would be lending a hand. I don't really mind knowing that she's around. It doesn't scare me. After all, she makes a yummy salad.

3 comments:

Cake not signed in said...

Could I borrow her? I'm in an off-again/on-again battle with the local starlings...she might give me just the edge I need!

pork luck said...

ABSOLUTELY!! I'll see if i can get her on a plane to Canada.

Ai hiruma said...

When you looked at the clock was it some time between 3 to 4am? That's known as the witching hour.

Lucky Day!

Michelle said that getting pooped on by a bird is good luck. Well, Halleluja! It's my lucky day!