Wednesday, April 04, 2007

shame on you

In San Francisco there is a thing called "Critical Mass." This is where hundreds of bicyclists ride thru the streets and block traffic to get the point across that its better to ride a bike than to drive a car and stink up the universe with pollutants. Usually, i'm in support of Critical Mass. But they went too far this time. There was a family in town from Redwood City riding around in their mini van on their way to Japantown for their daughter's birthday. They simply wanted to see the cherry blossoms. Critical Mass converged on them and terrorized the poor family!

This is a direct quote from Michelle this morning upon reading the account in the news. "You try to strap your family to the back of your bike you dumb ass!"

2 comments:

milo said...

ok.. I DID say that... and I'm also pro critical mass... but come on already...the righteous attitude is offensive

Anonymous said...

I agree. I ride all the time but I won't ride with Critical Mass, mostly because when you get that many people together a mob mentality overshadows any common sense you may have. I'm always yelling "you're the reason people hate cyclists" at "my riders" on training rides when they do something stupid.

Lucky Day!

Michelle said that getting pooped on by a bird is good luck. Well, Halleluja! It's my lucky day!