Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Handy

Bike to work day was last week. That means lots of inexperienced bike riders are on the road with me. It was only last year that i was one of them. Scared out of my mind to ride along side buses and street cars. So i get it. And i'm proud of them for giving it a go. But, can we just talk about the hand signal thing? Really? I haven't studied hand signals since my first drivers test. And I'm not going to say how many years ago that was but we can assume at least a decade. Give or take a decade here and there. So when the newbie riders start flashin' these elaborate hand signs at me.. i have absolutely no clue what the hell they intend to do. Turn right? Maybe. Turn Left? Who knows. STOP? Right in front of me?? Absolutely! It makes for a very confusing ride to work. So, if you're one of those brand spankin' new riders out there who think you need hand signals? Forget it. Just make your damn turn already. Nobody really needs the heads up.

5 comments:

EGE said...

I'm with ya, girlie, but... where are your streamers? They really are for safety's sake, you know -- to distract the bus drivers!

pork luck said...

aaack!! forgot the streamers!!!

Dr. One Friend said...

Why is one of your shoes always untied? Very dangerous on a bike.

pork luck said...

ah, very observant of you, Dr. Perhaps thats why you're a doctor and i'm not.

lady luck said...

I actually am one of those dorky beginner riders who makes hand signals. What can I say? I'm afraid of cars!

Lucky Day!

Michelle said that getting pooped on by a bird is good luck. Well, Halleluja! It's my lucky day!