Tuesday, January 31, 2012

fear factor

I have a new phobia. One that rivals my fear of sharks. And for those of you who've known me for a while.. that's HUGE! My new fear is that someday I'll win an Oscar and I'll have to wear one of those dresses. You know.. the fancy ones? and I'll have to walk the red carpet and make small talk with the media. I just... i couldn't do it. I just couldn't. So if one of my films ever comes up for Academy Award consideration please DON'T vote for me. Whats that you say? Have i ever made a film? No. But this is a phobia silly. IRRATIONAL. The kinds of things that keep you awake at 3 in the morning and have no resolution. My 3 am mantra goes something like this: "Did i turn off the coffee maker? Did i lock the front door? Did i pay the motorcycle insurance? Did i get nominated for an Oscar?"

Mmmhummm... you're shaking your head in agreement. You get it.

6 comments:

amanda hakim said...

oh I totally get it. I have the same fear!! I fear my brother and his girlfriend are going to get married and have a fancy wedding and ask me to be in it (and how can I say no??) and I'll have to wear one of those fancy dresses!
So... fear of dress at a wedding is not quite the same caliber as a dress at THE OSCARS but it's the same fear.

Haha! So glad I am not alone.

andrea said...

Oh how I miss you!!!

Anonymous said...

♫Cuckoo♬.....♫Cuckoo♬

That's why I love reading about your life. When I think that my day can't possibly get stranger, you hit one out of the park.

Ramón

pork luck said...

Amanda! Yes! Being asked to be a Bridesmaid is very close to the Oscars!!!

Andrea! I miss you toooooooooooo!!!!!!

Ramon! So glad i can make you smile!

Cake not signed in said...

Oh my gawd, I never thought of that. Ohhhhh noooooo, I'll never sleep now! I WANT MY MOMMY!!

pork luck said...

Cakey! Call me if you get nominated. I'll hide you in my basement!

Lucky Day!

Michelle said that getting pooped on by a bird is good luck. Well, Halleluja! It's my lucky day!